+ Contact the Vocation Office to learn more about life as a monk at St. Vincent Archabbey 724.532.6655 +

February 21, 2008

Impressions of a "Come and Pray" Retreatant

Please read this great letter I received from one of the young men who just attended our Monastic Discernment Weekend:


God bless Father Fred!

Hey, guess what--I was telling my friend at lunch today what an awesome experience I had at St. Vincent. The introverted and isolated part of me is diminishing as the fire that was stoked within me Saturday night continues to consume me. I told him about everything--Lectio, Vespers, adoration in the morning, what the monks were like, I couldn't cover everything of course, but it turns out that he has also been struggling with ideas of religious life or priesthood. He started telling me this and I said "Dude, you have to talk to Father Fred." You may see him at the next come and see weekend.


I wish I could be telling you this in person, because I am very excited that God's present in my life and in those around me and I am seeing Him greater and greater.

See you later,
A discerner


(God Bless you, my friend, and thank you for your beautiful and kind words, be assured of our prayers for you and all men discerning a call to the priesthood and or religious life) - Fr. Fred, O.S.B.

No comments:

Pax et Gaudium

O.S.B. Vocation Awareness

O.S.B. Vocation Awareness