Ever been on a Vocation Discernment Pilgrimage to Rome? Come, Pray, and See the Foundations of Benedictine Monasticism!
Each year the St. Vincent Archabbey Vocation Office sponsors The Footsteps of St. Benedict Pilgrimage, a spiritual journey for young, single, Catholic men (age 18-35) who are exploring a Religious Vocation.
The 2013-2014 tentative schedule:
- Fri. Dec 27: Leave from your most convenient airport for Rome
- Sat. Dec 28: Meals and Prayer at St. Anselmo, the international Benedictine House of Studies, and free time in Rome
- Sun. Dec 29: Visit Norcia, birthplace of St. Benedict and his twin sister St. Scholastica
- Mon. Dec. 30: Free day until Solemn Vespers with Pope Francis in St Peter’s Basilica
- Tues. Dec 31: Mass - Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God with Holy Father & Tour of St. Paul's Outside the Walls
- Wed. Jan 1: Free day in Rome (Tour churches in Rome, Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Coliseum)
- Thurs. Jan 2: Visit Subiaco Abbey, location of Saint Benedict’s cave and first monastery
- Fri. Jan 3: Visit Mt. Cassino, Benedict’s famous Abbey where he wrote his Holy Rule
- Sat. Jan 4: Papal Audience, Vatican Museum Tour, and free day in Rome
- Sun. Jan 5: Return to U.S.A.
More information about attending the Discernment Pilgrimage can be found on our Vocation Website:
And don't forget to ask about our Vince Sarni Family Scholarship of $700!
|Norcia Abbey Church|