On June 14 to June 28, over thirty Temporarily Professed Benedictine Junior Monks from across the United States, Mexico and Canada will visit Saint Vincent Archabbey for a special summer Retreat program. An annual event that occurs at a different monastery each summer, it is the first time Saint Vincent will host the program.
The primary aims of the Junior Summer School program include:
To provide additional educational experiences not available in most monastic formation programs.
To provide opportunities to meet temporarily professed monks from other Benedictine houses.
To provide an experience of participation in the life of another Benedictine community.
The theme for this year will be "Building a Dynamic and Joyful Community Spirit" (Unity in the midst of our diversity and diversity in the midst of our unity.)"
To visit the monastery websites of the monks attending the Retreat:
- St. Bernard Abbey - Cullman, AL
- St. Andrew Abbey - Cleveland, OH
- Mount Angel Abbey - St. Benedict, OR
- Belmont Abbey - Belmont, NC
- St. Benedict's Abbey - Atchison, KS
- St. Meinrad Abbey, St. Meinrad, IN
- St. Peter's Abbey - Saskatchuwhan
- New Camaldoli Hermitage - Big Sur, CA
- St. John's Abbey - Collegeville, MN
- St. Andrew's Abbey - Valyermo, CA
- Assumption Abbey - Richardton, ND
- St. Mary's Abbey - Delbarton, NJ
- St. Anselm's Abbey - Washington, DC
- Mount Savior Monastery - Pine City, NJ
- Glastonbury Abbey - Hingham, MA